has anyone ever tried this?

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue Nov 6 09:29:58 MST 2007

I had the same question about pulling it 1/2 step sharp. RCT overpulls for
pitch correction is much less in the bass, too.

As for muting the new string, the suggestion is to stick a piece of felt
between the new string and the nearest string on the next note. That way two
notes are playing one string each (obviously, this only applies to bi-chord
bass notes!!)

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN