rich people

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 9 06:35:57 MST 2007

Really if your rich client doesn't have a fine piano, that is an
opportunity for you.  I began my piano sales business educating my clients.

I had a wealthy client with an old Acrosonic spinet.  She wanted me
to make it sound better.  I did.  She wanted more.  We discussed its
potential and I said, "Really you deserve a much better piano."  I
advised her on piano shopping and then about a year later sold her a
Mozart Limited Edition Sauter 185.

The same thing is in process with all my other clients.  If all
pianos are apparently equal (to the untrained ear/eye) why spend any
more then you have to.  This is where your expertise and guidance
comes in.  It is an educational process.  People didn't get rich by
blowing their money and they are generally much more careful
shoppers.  You reveal the quality and they will line up and purchase.

To do this you must be able to put away the silly class conscious
attitudes you have picked up through life and relate to them as
people (usually well-educated and professional) on a friendly but
professional manner.  That means you have to portray professionalism
visually (the way you dress) and in your manners.  Your first
appointment will be the teaser and eventually you will develop the
credibility that will result in your being able to help them get what
they really want.  To generally quote Zig Zigler, the more people you
help this way the more you will be able to get the things you really want.

Take another look,
Andrew Anderson