rich people

Rob Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Fri Nov 9 13:35:07 MST 2007

Las Vegas has one of the biggest concentrations of wealth in the world.
There are hundreds of millionaires, and even a few billionaires have 2nd
residences here.  I have been in homes that boggle the mind.  You haven't
seen everything until you've been in a custom granite and marble kitchen
large enough to land a helicopter in.  One client I've serviced has a
concert Mason & Hamlin with a PianoDisc Opus player system located in a
3,000 SqFt entertainment room complete with bar and the largest plasma
screen made. The room is below ground with one wall of thick glass below the
water line of the swimming pool, (one of two pools).  Wouldn't you just love
to gaze through that window at a nude pool party!!  I'm sure they have had
them.  I have been to many others homes that rival this. Some on hills with
panorama view of the city below, some on the 30th or higher floors of high
rise condos, and one that has three theater organs and dozens of classic
cars worth millions in massive garages.  The tales go on and on.

Other then all the money there is one other common theme.  Not always, but
90% of them buy cheep grand pianos.  They can't play a note themselves, but
rather they have PianoDisc systems installed so that they can play them at
their monthly catered cocktail parties.  I have been in massive hillside
homes with dinner ware costing more then most people's annual income, and a
cheep Chinese piano in the corner equipped with a player.  All they care
about is that it be shiny black, shaped like a grand piano, look good with
their furniture, and make music when they hit the play button!

Of course when it comes right down to it they are still born the same way as
everyone else, they wipe their ass the same way, and they die like everyone
else.  Nothing they can do to change that.  On the flip side I must say I
wouldn't complain if it were me.  I wouldn't be tuning pianos, that's for
sure!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV