Marshall Wendell damper under lever

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sun Nov 11 17:48:27 MST 2007

Subject: Marshall Wendell damper under lever

How about using the "Big Tool"
   I refer to the one between your ears of course.
    Improvise!
    A piece of maple , a small clamp on vice that can be brought to the
piano, a coping or a fret saw , rasp or two , some sandpaper , ---.
 Fabricate a piece to match what is missing, C.A. in place with card stock
on either side if possible  to act as a gussett .
    Don't misunderstand me here, I would rather replace with a new or like
part but when unavailable-------FIND A WAY !
    Best wishes,
    Tom Driscoll RPT

Wait --- I just had a better idea!
    Drill a hole in what's left of the lever and C.A. a spoon in place. Bend
as neccesary to regulate (Look inside some asian grands and you will see
this setup )
    Ain't this job fun?
    T.D.