Ivory keytops and tails

Anne Acker a.acker at comcast.net
Mon Nov 12 11:33:42 MST 2007

I need to replace about a dozen nasty iodine stained plastic keytops with ivory on an otherwise lovely ivory keyboard and have discovered these keytops are a full 2 in. long vs. the usual 1 7/8 and the keytails are a tad wider than the normal as well.   The piano in question is an 1899 Collard & Collard.

Would anybody out there have anything handy?

Otherwise,  I have quite forgotten the name of the fellow in the midwest who has the old ivory and can make keytops.   I would greatly appreciate his name and contact information.

Thank you!

Anne Acker

p.s.  and no, we're not going to replace all the ivory with plastic.   Owner has a house full of antiques.   They'd stick out like sore thumbs.