ivory, keytops and the legality of it

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro at verizon.net
Tue Nov 13 06:31:17 MST 2007

Clear DayList,

    Thank you, Jurgen and David I., for recommending me as a resource for this job, hopefully I can help. I agree with Jurgen 100%, there are  few ways to legally get ivory into this country, but it is risky at best. Risky in terms of legality and quality. Ivory is expensive and difficult to prepare and work with, plus there is an ample supply in this country with highly reputable suppliers and applicators, there is no reason to look elsewhere concerning price, availability, quality and especially, service after the sale. I have found a lot of suppliers overseas on my own and with help from resources such as Jurgen, and if all the former reasons to buy domestically don't convince, consider how weak the dollar is. Any questions please call, Mike

Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
Dedicated To Advancing The Art Of Keyboard Restoration
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma. 01569
(508) 278-9762
Keymaestro at verizon.net