copper

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Nov 13 18:42:57 MST 2007

I've set up a make shift lathe spinning the core with my drill to unwind the
wrappings. It is tedious, but you can get a lot of copper from the heavily
wound strings. And if you have kids they can do it for slave wages. The fine
winding strings aren't really worth it. For a little effort I got $20 worth
of copper.

I haven't tried but thought of using a blow torch to try to melt the copper
off the steel.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272