Steinway action noise

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Nov 17 14:33:56 MST 2007

Agreed as far as it goes... but Bob does make one assumption which we
cant be sure of.  He assumes the guy/gal responsible for the work
actually did do his/her best and that the result was then simply a
result of the person not being "ready" for the job.  We dont actually
know this.  Either way for that matter, which makes Bobs obering words a
bit timely.  I also wrote a post similar in tone to Deans... i.e.
assuming this was a bit of a rip-off.  The fact that it actually, and so
easily can be the case both ways reveals one of the weaknesses of the
market economy Bob describes.

I know there are those who believe that in the end a truly "bad tech"
will be an unprofitable proposition.  But I've seen plenty exceptions to
this rule.  There was/is this guy living in the north Seattle area whom
is just downright impossible to believe.  A house full of total piano
junk... front yard full of chemical junk... and still  year in year out
the fellow sells for 2-3000 dollars totally useless (read destroyed
requiring total rebuild) instruments to those perennial suckers born
every minute one hears about from time to time.

Still... in this case we dont know which is the case... and the main
thrust of Bobs post holds true.  Honesty in the end pays off... it IS a
question of responsibility more then blame.

Good post Bob

RicB

    Hi Bob
      A beautiful dispassionate non judgmental evaluation of skill
    level vs.
    consequence. We are all at different places in our learning  curve.
    I have
    experienced this on numerous occasions in my own career &  I can
    heartily say, don't
    over estimate your own ability when in  doubt & do not be afraid to
    network
    with others who's opinion you  value. The lsit is perfect forum to
    implement
    this philosophy.
      My Thanks, my Friend
      Dale