appraising Estonia 190

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 18 20:54:33 MST 2007

Hi Patrick,

A similar piano was given to the music department at the U of Sherbrooke for an income tax receipt. This was done against my recommandation. If the action is similar to the one here, it will need much work (the university doesn't have) to be made enjoyable. As for the sound, the one we now have is less than nice, with below standards tuning pin torque.

The price I thought it was worth was around $15K.

And I thouht I was generous. But another technician evaluated the piano at $60K, and the university used that figure for the tax receipt. Go figure...

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC