Young Chang tuning instability

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 07:11:01 MST 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:21:32, Don <pianotuna at accesscomm.ca> wrote:
> Hi Ms Kirk,
>
> More information please. Is this an upgright or a grand? What size? Where
> is the piano located (city). Where is it in the home? Does the piano have
> humidity control? How many hours a day is it used? Have you tapped the
> tuning pin coils?
>
> In fact "over pounding" can introduce a lot of instability.
>
> At 02:21 AM 11/22/2007 +0000, you wrote:
> >        Bass section and high treble seem to be okay.               Ms.
> >Kirk. No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> >11/21/2007 10:01 AM
> Regards,
> Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.P.T.
> Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat
>
> mailto:pianotuna at yahoo.com      http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/
>
> 3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
> 306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner

Are the coils tight? Check for a "cold air" return nearby which can be
as bad as having a heat vent blowing on the piano. If those check out,
I'd have to agree with the others that you have "touch-up" tooner on
your hands!
Mike
--
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com