Heintzman 186 Conservatory Grand Problem

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 25 14:37:59 MST 2007

Hi Glenn,
                   Sanding the stretcher would most likely be
treating the problem,   cutting the stretcher back then was not a
very precise operation.    In most factories fitting case parts prior
to finishing is done with jigs and not with the action.
The case and stringing is always done long before the piano sees it's action.

If the key frame is a 1mm or so thicker, then this how a problem
shows up.  They will adjust the case parts and not the key
frame.  Trust me I visit a lot of factories.

Regards Roger