Renner USA Wips

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 17:37:54 MST 2007

Fenton writes:

<< On Renner USA, S&S type replacement wips, I have begun to notice a problem
with the nylon adjuster nut for spring tension, and the spring itself,
fowling, clicking, and/or hanging up on the jack spoon. This can cause the rep
lever to stick in the down position.  >>

       Greetings,
   Does this happen in play or while you are adjusting it on the bench?  If
it happens in play, I would wonder if the backcheck distance is far too low,
or if the adjusting screw has been turned down, (way down).
My suggestion would be to turn the adjuster screw all the way up, and then
strengthen the springs at the coils until the hammer rise is just slightly slow.
 Then use the first turn or two on the screw to accurately set the spring.
   The biggest advantage of the Renner screw adjustment is not the initial
setting of the spring, (which I think should be done by carefully depressing the
spring so the major change is done at the coil), but, rather, the durability
of the setting.  The Teflon coated surface does not change friction like the
lubricated grub does, so once set, I find that any changes in the hammer rise
tend to originate from changes in centerpin friction.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
of 2007's hottest
products.<BR>(http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)</HTML>