1943 Baldwin Acrosonic

Martin Wisenbaker mbjwisenbaker at juno.com
Mon Nov 26 20:14:33 MST 2007

Thanks to Jon Page and Bruce Dornfeld I was able to solve the problem of
the hammers standing in mid air. The bass end of the case was the
problem. The glue had turned loose. I placed  a small dowel rod under the
skid board and set the piano down onto it and the hammers went back into
place. I  then removed the rod, put glue in the separated place and set
the piano down again on the dowel rod. I tightened the slanted screw on
the underside of the keybed. I plan to  leave the piano setting on the
dowel rod for several days until the glue dries very well. I then
proceeded with tuning it. The lady was very happy.

Thanks to all who contributed possible solutions.

Martin Wisenbaker, RPT
Houston, Texas