steinway consignment

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 21:34:27 MST 2007

When?I had a store in St. Louis, Consignment was 25% of the selling price of the piano, less anything I did to make the piano "saleable". (The customer paid to move the piano to the store.) The reason I said "saleable", was to make sure I also got reimbursed for any touch up. I once had "playable" in the contract, but once I did about 2 hours of touch up on?the case of a piano I took in. After the piano sold, I took the time off the amount I owed the?owner. He said case touch up did nothing for the playing of the instrument. I agreed, and?gave him the extra money. But I learned a valuable lesson. ?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of