steinway consignment

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 22:41:59 MST 2007

Below is the language of the consignment contract I used. For more information about consignments, there is a chapter about it in my book.

As far as getting an aural agreement to lower the price over the phone, I verbally told an owner that I might need to call and ask for a lower figure. But I don't think I ever had to do that. I did have in writing what the lowest figure is, and if a buyer wanted a piano for less than that, I just told the buyer, no. If a consignment customer wanted his/her piano sold sooner, we would write up another contract.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of
The Business of Piano Tuning
available from Potter Press
www.pianotuning.com

->
> On Nov 26, 2007, at 4:55 PM, richard.ucci at att.net wrote:
>
> > What is the usual arrangement for doing a consignment sale. Private
> > party that is. I would be selling the piano for the owner.
> > Thanks,
> > Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano

Consignment  sales Contract

This is a consignment sales contract is between Blees Piano and

(Name, referred to as “the owner”

(address)

(city, state, zip)

The owner has allowed Blees Piano to take his/her _________________________________piano, serial number_____________, for the purpose of selling it. Upon the sale of the piano the owner will receive 70% of the selling price of the piano, less any and all charges that have accrued, as indicated on the back of this agreement, to make the piano saleable. If any additional work is to be done, Blees Piano will get written permission from the owner before proceeding. Blees Piano will pay the owner the balance no later than seven days after the collection of money from the sale of the piano.

The owner will be responsible to transport the piano to the Blees Piano showroom, at 1501 Hilltop Ln, Cottondale, AL, 35453. Blees Piano will make the piano available for sale to the public, and will pay for all advertisements, guarantees and cost of moving the piano to the new owner. While the piano is in possession of Blees Piano, it will be insured against loss due to fire, water, vandalism or other acts of God.

There is no ending date of this contract, but the owner may cancel this consignment contract at any time, and request the piano be returned, provided that Blees Piano be reimbursed any and all charges that have accrued to make the piano saleable, pay a $1 per day storage fee, not to exceed $100, and pay to have the piano removed from the showroom.

The owner      Blees Piano

(back of the contract)

Anticipated work to be done to the piano to make it available for sale:

Cost of anticipated work: ___________________________

Anticipated Selling Price: ___________________________

Lowest price the owner will take for the piano: __________________________

  Blees Piano