Whadayathink of this piano sound?

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:49:50 MST 2007

The piano is close-miked dry with no sound processing other than
adjusting the gain levels. I'd like to know what you think of the
sound of the piano if you can tell anything, but I'm also trying to
find out about the state of sound files and everyone's ability to
download and play them.

There are five tracks, each a minute or a minute-and-a-half in length.
The five tracks each appear twice, in 2 different formats.

MP3 files with a high bit rate:

www.kentswafford.com/mp3/B/0.mp3
www.kentswafford.com/mp3/B/1.mp3
www.kentswafford.com/mp3/B/2.mp3
www.kentswafford.com/mp3/B/3.mp3
www.kentswafford.com/mp3/B/4.mp3

Apple Lossless files, which are relatively large and require Quicktime
and/or iTunes, but are compressed without loss, and so have the full
fidelity of the original recordings. Among those who can download and
listen to these files, I'm interested in whether they sound better
than the MP3 files.

www.kentswafford.com/mp3/B/0.m4a
www.kentswafford.com/mp3/B/1.m4a
www.kentswafford.com/mp3/B/2.m4a