RCT vs Tune Lab

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Nov 30 10:14:09 MST 2007

Paul McCloud wrote:
> Dean:
>     I've had my SAT I for almost 20 years and I've lost count how many
> times I dropped it.  It never failed.   I've replaced the batteries at
> least 6 times, had it upgraded twice, and had a new membrane key panel
> installed.  Works just like the day it was made.  Which is why I sold my
> Pocket PC with RCT and went back to the SAT.  Don't get me wrong, RCT is
> an awesome program (I've never tried TuneLab), but battery issues and
> the fragility of Pocket PC's gave me cold feet.
>     Paul McCloud
>     San Diego

I've used RCT on a laptop for 7 years or so. I think I got it just
_before_ it was available on Palm/Pocket/etc. ;-{ ,but never felt the
need to switch over to the smaller format.  I'm too cheap to replace
something which is working, my whole office is with me and the munchkins
(and I) like my vacation slide show screen saver when I'm not using the
tuning program. ;-}

I did knock it off a console, once, but all I lost was the :; key. No
big loss. About the only thing I use is the touchpad, anyway.

Re: Aural over-ruling the program.

As I understand, every program (certainly RCT) is written with certain
assumptions and interpolations.  If you can't aurally discern and deal
with discrepancies betwixt interpolations and idiosyncratic reality, you
are doing the piano, customer and yourself a disservice and deserve the
Steinway curse.

My 1.2¢.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076