Extreme jumpiness

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 06:18:39 MDT 2007

What make is the piano, what size were the original pins?

Sounds to me like there was a small pin originally and someone
pounded over-sized pins without first reaming the holes.

It's either a job the 'restringer' has to eat and redo properly or as
Ron said pitch it.

Which reminds me... I'm giving a 5' Ivers & Pond grand a ride to the
landfill later today.
Is there anything someone wants salvaged? The dampers are removed and
very nicely polished but that's the extent of refurbishing this gets
from me.

Saturday goes a Wentworth, Sunday either a HF Miller or Ludwig. Heck, maybe
two today, two Saturday.  Better there than cluttering up my shop.
I'll pull the actions to extricate the lead then they go too.  Action
models??  Hurry!
The M&H Screwstringer upright is saved from this fate due to it's peculiarity.

I've been trying to give the grands away by advertising on craigslist
even into Connecticut
but no takers, NBSS doesn't want them either.
--

Regards,

Jon Page