Nossaman's redesign on a Steinway M

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:59:02 MDT 2007

Here's an endorsement for Ron Nossaman's redesign work.  He redesigned
my mother's Steinway M: new board, new bridge, new scale, action, etc.
 It was picked up at his shop this past Friday.

I was very pleased with his work.  The piano sounded...it's hard to
describe with mere words, but "very warm and silky" is a start.  Very
clear also.  For instance, when playing a tenth or seventeenth, one
can hear the beats clearly as the sound goes on and on, but there
isn't distortion like in most pianos.  The purity of sound is very
impressive, as is the length of sustain.  It's just beautifully
remarkable.  And a long string of other superlative adjectives.

Now the piano is being refinished, and I'll have to wait another two
months before I can play it again.  So I'm singing the blues 'til
then, but happy days will be here again 'ere too long. <G>

Ron also let me and another piano tech friend spend most of that day
with him in his shop.  We got to breathe some sawdust together and
listen to Ron explain why it all works.  Ron showed us his bridge
notching machine, and we watched him cut some ribs for his current
board in progress.  It was a fun day.

So thanks Ron, for both your work and also your willingness to let
others see how you do what you do.  Both inspire me.

--
JF

www.ronpaul2008.com