Hoisting pianos

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 2 02:57:41 MDT 2007

FWIW:
Another thought might be to do some historical research on Ludwig Von Beethoven. My wife has numerous biographies of him and it seems he moved about 25 times in his last twenty years of life. I guess the cranky old guy kept getting thrown out of his second-floor apartments. You know, the same second floor apartments that he would have his large grand pianos moved into each time he moved. No doubt some of the times the stairs would not cut it. I'm sure some inventive techniques were used that perhaps might suggest a good method for you. Of course Beethoven's pianos were not quite as heavy without a large cast-iron plate in them, but the ideas might still apply.

Google?

Terry Farrell