Wonder of Wonders

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 13:06:40 MDT 2007

I was at a High school Lowering pitch(almost 1/2 tone) on the P22 used by
the Vocal Director last Friday as is my habit for that district. It was
decided years ago to leave the rest of the pianos until the onset of heating
season, the Band is marching until then anyway and doesn't use their piano
and the practice room pianos only get tuned once a year(cost/budget). The
band Director came into the room and announced that the Superintendant had
been there earlier in the week and thought they should get some new pianos!!
No one had ASKED for them he came up with this on his own!! The Vocal
Director had been hired one week prior, the previous Director was only there
for a year and no longer has a teaching license. The piano I was tuning was
ONLY 21 years old. You could have knocked me over with a feather! I've known
the Superintendant for 30 years, he was the Business Manager and he isn't
musical.
Go figure!
Mike
--
I sit down to the piano regularly at nine-o'clock in the morning and
Mesdames les Muses have learned to be on time for that rendezvous.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com