Digital Micrometer Recommendations?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Fri Sep 7 08:05:20 MDT 2007

 And while you can't see the world through my eyes, neither can I....reading those little lines on my mechanical unit can be challenging.? It seems as though it would be far easier to see digits than trying to count little lines, particularly in a dark place.

On 9/7/07, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> >   Thanks for the useful info, Jerry.  I've calibrated my mechanical
> > micrometer, and I know it isn't dead, but I'd like more accurate readings.
> >
> > Dave
>
> Reality check,
> Why would a digital readout be more accurate than analog?

Uh...maybe like some of my measurements have been (in the past).  You
missed it by 0.025" because of reading it incorrectly.  Once you've
done that a few critical times, you learn never to do it again.

Just a guess here. <g>

JF

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service