Name that piano

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 07:22:12 MDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> > Ron, et al., would you be so kind as to describe what you see in those
> > three photographs?
>
> The best indicator of what it is, would be the bridge cap
> grain angle. As Jon said, who else put the bridge cap grain
> sideways? I don't suppose we'll ever know why they did that,
> but they surly did do that. The extreme counter bearing angles
> in the front duplex weren't necessarily intended as being a
> means to identify it, but definitely an indication of the
> challenges involved in the redesign.
>

> > It's amazing how often I miss all sorts of information an expert would
> > immediately see and understand.  Thanks in advance for any elucidation!
> >
> > Annie Grieshop
>
> Not much expertise involved here, just mileage. Old dudes that
> have been around a while and gotten some on us along the way.
> Ron N

You're right Ron I missed the bridge cap grain orentation but should have
recognized the extreme angle of the bass counter bearing, I do have one of
these, a smaller one that I tune semi-regularly.

--
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life
as a continuous learning experience.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404