baldwin string scaling

Dave McKibben davespianotuning at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 11 18:20:26 MDT 2007

Hello great list:

I have to re-string a Baldwin 5'2" grand serial # 211476 which the pierce
atlas shows to be a 1975 vintage.
When taking the plain wire strings off and mic'ing them, I see that the
wire gage used went from 19 to 13 with no 1/2 steps in wire gage size.
I don't claim to be knowledgeable in string scaling, so I would like to ask
if someone may know...........does this seem normal for this era Baldwin??
I am curious before re-stringing as found.

Thanks
Dave

DavesPianotuning at earthlink.net
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~davespianotuning/