lyre problem

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 16:32:43 MDT 2007

John,  You mean the solenoid rail cover, right?  The way I always do this is
to use the original lyre brace rods, and add two blocks of old pinblock
material (glued and screwed and painted black) to the bottom of the keybed
on the tail side of the solenoid rail cover.  Just make the blocks long
enough and positioned properly to give you the needed clearance to make it
not touch the rail cover.  Drill appropriately angled hole to take the rods,
position, mark, screw and glue, and there it is.  You'll be surprised that
the blocks don't have to be that big to give you the clearance you need to
put those braces on there.
    And, it is no surprise to most of you out there, that some installers
will take the track, "the people that buy these things never play the piano
physically, anyway, so who cares?"  A pretty sorry excuse for taking these
kinds of shortcuts, IMHO.  Clark A. Sprague, RPT