Strings and sealing wax, and other fancy stuph

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 15 19:04:54 MDT 2007

Scott,
Hallet Davis is most definitely a Dongbei product.  There is
excessive friction on the strings making them extremely difficult to
render.  They do improve with repeated tunings, but I might add that
this was after I ProLubed the agraffes, capos and duplexes and then
Protek treated the firm felt that was swelling the strings up over a
hump on their way to the tuning pins.

I've wondered if Dongbei is using the same poorly milled agraffes
that Pearl River inflicted on us.  Had a dealer scramble looking for
someone willing to tune those pianos.  They asked me and I said,
"Can't be worse then Dongbei, I tune by the hour."  I got the job. :-)

Andrew Anderson