Magnetic-Mag-light contraption

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Sep 15 19:31:56 MDT 2007

List,
     This magnetic holder for a mini-mag light has worked out great for my practice..
    It consists of a Damppchaser clip # 91079 attached to a magnet from the hardware store.
    The magnet must have a height of at least 3/4" to enable the light to clear the tuning pins as shown.
    The tubing on the Mag light is also a Damppchaser part.This tubing connects the tanks in a two tank installation. Without the tubing the barrel of the light is too narrow to stay in the clip.
    As seen in the pic. It is most helpful to see the strings for mute placement in a vertical piano.
    It can also be positioned on the plate for pedal repair.
    Occasionally there are plates with fillers-coatings that are too thick for the magnet to attract (some Samicks )and of course the famous "Alumiplate " Winter   verticals  from the late 40's show up but otherwise I use this on almost every tuning.

Tom Driscoll RPTired eyes that need all the help I can get