Overseas employment

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Mon Sep 17 10:48:20 MDT 2007

A tiny correction if I may:
"Bund Deutscher Klavierbauer" is the association of German piano
technicians.  The German piano manufacturers have their own association
is called  "Bundesverband Klavier" http://www.pianos.de/

If anyone in the US is interested in subscribing to Europiano magazine,
the journal of the alliance of all piano technician organizations in
Europe, please contact me.  I am the representative for the publisher
Bochinsky, which produces this quarterly as well as books on piano
technology. I can set up subscriptions and save you a lot of
cross-Atlantic hassle.

Regarding living and working in Europe, no matter what profession you
choose, there are immigration issues to deal with - visas. work permits
etc. Contact the nearest consulate of the country of your choosing.
perhaps if your spouse gets a permit to work as a musician or artist
(these visas are sometimes easier to get) you could do some piano work
on the side.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440