Impact tuning hammers

Bill Costanzo pnotuner at rochester.rr.com
Mon Sep 17 15:02:44 MDT 2007

Hi Tom

I’ve used the Keyes lever for over 15yrs on all vertical pianos.  I always
leave the weight at the farthest position even when tuning pianos with loose
pins.

One thing that you’ll want to do though is to put some sort of cushion grip
on that metal shank (I use a rubber golf grip).

I like the lever just fine, but if I’m doing a lot of tunings, I also wear a
glove which supports my wrist so that I don’t get sore.

Bill Costanzo

   _____