Watanabe thread size?

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:27:30 MDT 2007

Anyone know what threads the Watanabe tip receives?

The stud onto which the tip screws measures 9.49 mm X 0.85 pitch in
metric.  I'm guessing that's almost certainly *supposed* to be 9.5 mm.

9.5 mm is almost 3/8" -- just 0.0013" shy of it, in fact.  A standard
3/8" with 30 threads per inch corresponds exactly to the stud
threads...except for the very slight difference in diameter.

So I'm thinking the 3/8" will work fine.  The tip has enough play in
it that it should screw on without any problem.

Anyone know offhand?

Thanks,

JF