The shadow knows

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 18:11:05 MDT 2007

On 9/19/07, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> >> sitting there in direct sunlight ... and I don't often get shadows
> >> that intense.
> >

> > You'll get another chance soon when they call because the piano
> > 'went out of tune fast'.
> >
> > --
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Jon Page
>
> I'll admit to not being all that bright, but even I'm not dumb
> enough to not deliver the educational lecture. She's been
> informed far beyond casual mention, and seemed smart enough to
> remain so when the mystic predictions come to pass - by the
> numbers.
>
> We'll see.
> Ron N

You tell 'em and you tell 'em and then they call and say "it just went out
of tune, I don't understand it"!
I have one of those little digital temp/humidity guages from Radio Shack. If
the piano's in direct sunlight I put the gauge in the sunlight facing the
window, within 10 minutes the temperature on it will read 15 to 25 degrees
hotter than the room, I then call them in and show them. It does a much
better job than all of my lecturing.
I had a woman I went through the move the piano away from the windows speech
twice a year for several years, I got that guage set it in the piano while
the sun was shining, showed her and the piano was moved the next time I
came! Many people need to see it to believe it. Sure glad I'm not like that!
<sheepish grin>
Mike
--
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life
as a continuous learning experience.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404