Watanabe thread size?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Sep 19 20:10:16 MDT 2007

> Hey...you mean there's a chance I could get paid for being anal
> retentive??  Cool. <G>

Isn't that what we do for a living? <G>

> It's that I don't know much about machining and how much might make
> what difference.

Like anything else, it's the difference between textbook
theory, and what actually comes off of the lathe and functions
  just fine in practice. Depends on who you talk to after the
bleeding stops.

> OK, yes, maybe I'm being a bit too concerned.  Maybe. <g>  Just so
> you'll know, I had already ordered a die for a Watanabe tip before I
> asked the question on the list.  Just wanting to make sure I was
> getting the right one.

Busted! A closet pragmatist. I suspected as much.

> Oh, I did some calculations, and it's definitely over 10º.

Oh heck. I didn't. My comment was off the top. What did you get?

Geeks-R-Us,
Ron N