The shadow knows

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Fri Sep 21 16:18:46 MDT 2007

I'm sure we've all heard one variation or other of the deaf tune
who tuned by feeling the vibrations in the case.--

I didn't just hear it, I witnessed it.  In the early days I took a class from Reginald Greenbrook, RTT.  I was nervous, up in front of the class, tuning unisons.  Suddenly it dawned on me that Reg was DEAF--big time!  I wondered HOW he knew if we were doing it right--or not.  So I watched him with the next student--his right hand was around the back of the upright piano, on the soundboard.

Speaking of Reg Greenbrook, RTT;  he was one of the most wonderful people I've ever had the privilege of knowing--that's the best part of PTG.

Diane