A new use for Goose's String level tool

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Sep 24 01:46:56 MDT 2007

I think Jurgen, if you look closely at what I wrote.... the jist was
along the lines of confirming some issues often discussed along the
string seating discussion... specifically just how possible it is for a
string to be up the pin and away from the bridge surface and remain
there despite hard play and usual tuning practices. Adapting its design
use to illustrate that is... well I have not heard anyone mention it
before so I thought it worth offering. In anycase it does a great job of
showing just how possible this string ridding up the bridge pin and
staying there bit  is.

Cheers
RicB

    Is that a new use?  I thought that was the original use - to check
    level of string height...

    Jurgen Goering