[CAUT] Riblets

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Sep 25 07:41:12 MDT 2007

Ric,

Sorry, I would define it as killer octave syndrome in this piano--
short sustain on one note in particular and generally lacking power in the
upper half of
the 1st  treble section.

(Mr.) Bill Ballard told me about using a riblet  with great results in the
treble of a rebuilt Chickering (if I remember correctly).  If he's reading,
perhaps he'll chime in about the sound before and after.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois