Somebody Glued the Bridle Corks

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 26 21:17:31 MDT 2007

I ream them out with a Dremmel and side-cutting tool. The cork is so much softer than the other wood that you won't overdo it. Fast and easy.

And, just for the record (warning to future techs in south central Missouri) I always put a drop of PCV-E on the cork and glue it in place. Sorry, but I don't like 'em popping out and I don't try to stuff too-large corks in there.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO