Seating Strings: Putting it to Rest/Out of It's Misery

ricb at pianostemmer.no ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Sep 27 08:16:10 MDT 2007

Hei Gregor

The unedited version of the article can be found at the address below.

http://www.pianostemmer.no/brekne/referhtml/stringseating.html

Ric,

in a posting you mentioned an article you wrote about that topic. Is
it available online? I can´t follow that discussion because I can´t
see any disadvantages of seating strings. Obviously the critical
point is not to make an indentation in the bridge that is below the
string line? I can´t figure out how that could happen. I never
noticed any bad consequences of string seating.

Gregor