genck and duluth tool bags

Kenneth Jankura kenrpt at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 27 20:36:30 MDT 2007

I bought the Big House and it's an amazingly well-designed bag. I
filled it and it's heavy.
The shoulder strap is so good, you almost don't notice the weight. I
know, sounds crazy but it's true.
To be honest, I tuned on campus two days ago and I did notice the
weight eventually :-)
The Big House is a little big (like bopping into the customer's door
jamb upon entry), so I bought the Jailhouse, too.
For now I like the Jailhouse better. I may switch back at some time.
My palm PDA fits in the outside pocket just right.
One small complaint, it closes up a little too tight at the top.
There are times when I want to throw in one more thing, like the
Piano Atlas, or a semi-bulky tool,
and other times when I just want to fit what I normally carry, back
in, without doing the jigsaw puzzle boogie,
and the top closes small enough that you just can't be sloppy about
how it gets packed.
And the way the pockets are layed out, sometimes you really have to
dig to get that seldom used tool or part.
I also have serious tool fall-itis in the cover that has the tool
slots along one side.
I have velcroed a cover flap over the tool tops so they don't fall
out, but I need to do a better job sometime.
I will probably just opt to carry a small roll of combo -handle tools
inside instead of using those slots at all.
It does take a little getting used to, with the two-sided format,
having to go from one side to the other for tools during regulation
procedures sometimes.
For the most part, I am delighted with it. It's sturdy, looks good,
feels good, and holds a ton o'stuff, so I give it a
hearty recommendation.

Ken Jankura RPT
Newville, PA