Off List, the Bard Speaketh

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Sep 28 02:37:06 MDT 2007

I agree. I also agree with the original appeal, as I have done so many
time in the past.  Actually, I think we all agree in principle with the
message given there.  The problem is only that we do not seem to agree
in whom those are who that message should most apply to.

That said... perhaps a thumb rule might be that if you find yourself
actually feeling negative feelings towards others then you are a prime
candidate for an adjustment of attidudes.  There really IS no good
reason why all of us... even those of use who strongly disagree on any /
all issues can not be the best of friends.

I know the written word on these lists is very easy to interpret as
aggressive, accusatory... etc.  And sometimes it even is and clearly
so...  but so what ?  In the end if you just look at all this as a
chance to contribute a bit of your own thinking... FWIW, and draw on
others thinkings then its a good place to be.... despite the tendencies
of some too ... whatever .

Cheers
RicB

    Personally I find that when a thread that I'm participating in starts
    throwing stones the easiest way to avoid the war is to simply stop
    participating.

    Mr. B - You poem is brilliant! Thank you.

    -- Geoff Sykes
    -- Los Angeles