why I don't post

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 08:25:44 MDT 2007

On 9/28/07, David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net> wrote:

> What was the question?
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos at comcast.net
> www.davidlovepianos.com

You've gotten some misguided ideas about the list perhaps by monitoring the
events of the last few days with myself. You should note I asked no
questions. I ventured opinions and when my opinions were questioned felt a
need to defend those opinions and eventually went so far as to question
others proffessional standards which was way beyond the pale. We all felt we
had valid reasons for our actions at the time. In hindsight I believe we are
all feeling a bit sheepish since we were all pretty much in agreement on
most points. Unfortunately we just allowed language, personalities, ego and
some misunderstood perceptions to intrude.

The point of the list is to keep an open mind to other's ideas, concepts and
methods. We all work alone most of the time and develop different methods
for performing the same task, while one method may seem strange or foreign
to another individual, that doesn't make it wrong, only different.

So in addition to learning how to do something from the list it is also
possible to learn different perhaps better or more efficiant ways of doing
those same things.
 I also believe I understand your question/comment that you want a specific
answer to your specific question, right? That may be possible in some
instances but not in others, if you look over the list at some if the
"simple" questions asked you'll find that after some probing the question
was more complex than the questioner realized. That my friend is another of
the great wonders of the list.
My point is if you present any questions or comments in a civil manner,
pointing out your level of expertise or lack therof in the matter in
question, no thick skin should be required.

Mike
--
You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your
grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404