A Backwards piano?

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sat Sep 29 15:21:55 MDT 2007

Left handed pianos:
The Craigslist posting is obviously a joke. However, left handed pianos
do exist, as Conrad points out.
see
http://www.lefthandedpiano.co.uk/index.html

As well, I have had a few inquiries by "interesting"  (crazy?) pianists
about this.  Long ago I realized it may be possible to take an upright,
turn it around, attach another set of cheeks and a keybed on the back.
The keys could activate a wire linkage similar to that found in tracker
organs, with a lever system going over the top of the piano to play the
regular action.    No reason it cannot be done.  Except time, perhaps.

I can see the southpaws all over, rubbing their hands in excitement.
But it is not a project I will be taking on any time soon.

Now, left handed scissors for damper work, those I can supply
immediately....

cheers
Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply