What's the best way to clean brass key cauls ?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Sep 29 20:01:10 MDT 2007

>      Thank you for the ( typically ) kindly response,
> Mr. Nossaman.

And you for your typically disconnected one. Reading your
posts is like turning over a rock and uncovering something
that makes me feel sorry for the rock. What I don't understand
is why rebushing a key in the funkiest of pianos with new
bushing cloth would leave the caul any more tainted than using
the same cloth in the same process in the revered Steinway. Is
there an actual reason for this that mere humans can comprehend?
Ron N