The ammonia worked well to clean the brass cauls...

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 22:06:34 MDT 2007

... I used the detergent type, let 'em soak for about
an hour, checking regularly. They got (almost )
new-brass shiny, but then started getting dark again,
so I took them out.
     In any event, I'm sure the "cooties" and goo on
them were eliminated, and Mr. Steinway will now not
mind their implementation in his rejuvenation.

     Peace,