radical vertical piano soft pedal regulation

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 1 06:02:02 MST 2008

I agree.  I haven't actually looked that closely at
the bridle straps on this piano; as I mentioned in my
original post, I just found the soft pedal adjusted
this way.

Fast repetition is not a problem on this piano, but  I
would agree that it might be difficult to adjust the
bridle straps to be tight enough to help with
repetition when the soft pedal is not engaged, and yet
loose enough to allow the soft pedal to be set in such
an extreme manner.

Works great on this piano, though.

Tom Sivak