Theory and practice of piano tuning by Brian Capleton

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 1 17:39:18 MST 2008

Patrick-

Well, given how my mortal existance is being used up in relentlessly flowing 24 hour days, I find myself asking what is the best investment of the time I have to try to improve myself before it's too late.
Should I read and study every page of this book, study Dan Levitan's recent Lectures on Aural Tuning, or just invest a bit more time and effort checking and tuning unisons in octave 7?
I am not smart enough to answer this question with certainty, so I dabble at all three as the mood strikes. Clearly I will not live long enough to learn everything about pianos.

Ed Sutton