Action Center Question

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Tue Apr 1 19:26:20 MST 2008

Matthew,The hammer butt spring (disconnected in your photo) engages in the loop.Debbie LeggOkay, so I decided to spend some time this evening looking into my Yamaha U1 I bought last year.  The first thing I noticed was all the jacks are plastic.  Was that to save money?

  And then I noticed something about the butt flanges.  I was in the process of taking a few hammer shank centers out and testing the center pins using the traditional method of swinging the hammer by holding the flange, when I noticed the following (click link).

  http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/2381002693_3983592996_b.jpg

  What is the purpose of the white string that loops around the flange?  I was unable to freely swing the hammers obviously, and I have not seen this before.  What is it's purpose?

  Thank you for your help!
Matthew