My new dream toys

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Apr 2 14:28:39 MST 2008

Ladies and gentlemen -- -- --

I was going to wait until I had the first recording of an Atelier
artist in my computer
before I made this announcement, but I just couldn't help myself with my
beloved list colleagues...so here's a press release (attached below)
I just handed to a
very fancy PR firm on the corner of Sunset Blvd. and Pacific Coast
Highway
here in beautiful Los Angle-ease who I somehow convinced to represent
me for a fraction
of their usual fee-- -- actually, a friend is a principal in the
company and he's doing me a
  massive good turn.

I've never felt or heard pianos like the ones that Steingraeber
makes. Each one has
an idealized action ratio and an idealized balance weight, and lots
and lots of power,
sustain, and resonance. As the press release says -- or as Tamir
Hendelman says -- they're
dark and powerful and clear and brilliant, all at the same time. Each
of the grands I've
played -- about 12 in all, I think -- have been at that level that we as
technicians dream of.

The uprights are another story entirely: absolutely beautifully,
ridiculously great feeling and sounding pianos.  Best of the breed.

This is just another excuse for us "listers"  to get together with each
other around a great piano or three; I really hope to see you all at the
national conference in Anaheim in June.

There will be a full complement of Steingraeber grands and uprights to
thrill and amaze you. Come on by...and enjoy my semi-florid b.s. in the
attached press release.
Enjoy......

David Andersen
Los Angeles, California