radical vertical piano soft pedal regulation

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Wed Apr 2 15:24:32 MST 2008

 Ric:

I think he was saying that the keys were dropping (being allowed to drop) 3mm by not adjusting the bridle straps, so that "lost motion" becomes something of a fuzzy notion. With the key drop, the whippen and jack is rotated up to and somewhere under the butt, but where and how far is questionable, and unregulate-able. Add to this (or subtract!), the 3mm in key travel, and some odd problems arise.

Paul