Blüthner with una corda

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 12:52:51 MST 2008

At 18:52 +0100 4/4/08, Richard Brekne wrote:

>From the looks of the two pics... it doesnt look to me like it would
>be alllll that difficult to retrofit most any piano with an una
>corda.

No, it is easy.  I have several in the pipeline I intend to convert.

>  Certainly separating the damper rail would be easy enough... The
>sideways shift could be accomplished in a number of ways since the
>actual required movement is small... you dont have any pics of this
>from the piano below do you ?

I omitted to take pictures of the shift arrangement on the Blüthner.
On the Brinsmead the mahogany action standards have a female V
cut-out at the bottom, like many pianos and this slides on a
blackleaded male V block screwed to the key bottom.  The lever is
very simple.

JD