Why "Hot Hide Glue" is ideal for bushiings....

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 04:30:46 MDT 2008

Gee, I always thought hot hide glue was the adhesive of choice among
professionals for this task. Well, let's see......

Hot hide is odor free, non-toxic (as a matter of fact, my doggie says it's
dern tooin' good!), gap-filling, no-run, grips beautifully when wet AND dry,
and DOES release felt VERY easily after full cure with light soaking and
leaves NO residue. I don't think anyone kills a cow or sheep just to make
some glue out of it's hide.....

Best of all, mixed and heated properly, hot hide has minimal seepage into
felt, leaving the felt well glued, yet retaining all it's felt properties.

And besides, it's fun to mix and use the gooey stuff!

And if a non-piano tech is watching you work, it simply impresses the heck
out of 'em!

No Titebond for this cowboy (well, at least for key bushings) - I do all my
work just like they did 120 years ago........

Terry Farrell